I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

west philadelphia born and raised




I just went for a walk around my neighborhood.

I really love it here, and everyday I discover something new. It's so quaint and wonderful and diverse. To give a little background there are basically five different sections of Philly. Center City which is downton, West Philly, South Philly, North Philly and the Northeast. Within those areas there are neigbhorhoods and areas. Every area has a distinct culture and community. I live in West Philly. Specifically I live in University City which is the area around Penn and Drexel and more specifically I live in the Spruce Hill community. West Philly is made up of thes beautiful 19th century victorian homes, many of which have been turned into apartments. West Philly is known for being a place full of community activists and artists. It's really eclectic and has a great atmosphere.

It also has a great collection of international cuisine. Next time I'm out I'll take more pictures because it is really pretty. Here are some pictures from this coffee shop which I just found out as I was walking by, plays free live music at night. I'll have to stop by sometime.

The houses are a lot like these, but some of them are really colorful, and others have huge gardens out front.

That's one of the many Ethiopian restaurants in town.

So cute!

More to come...

Song: Same Big Sky by Melissa Greener

Quote: When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. Helen Keller

No comments: