I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 13, 2008

My pastor referenced this in church this morning. Philadelphia's own "Punk Rock Mommy" passed away on the 9th and she wrote this in her blog. Encouraging words meant to be remembered:

"My journey in this world was difficult and painful but important in my spiritual growth. I learned that we have to be happy despite our circumstances. We can’t say I will be happy when…. No sweeties be happy now because today is all you have.
I learned that all the small stuff is very small and not worth your time and attention. Gossip and resentments,worrying about things that never happen, fearing the unknown. Let it go my lovelies, breath and just be good to each other. I realized not long after my diagnosis that life is too short to spend it hurting people and holding onto the anger we have for those around us. I am no doormat, but I just let go of all that hard core resentment. God forgives us through the blood of His Son. He forgives those who hurt us as well."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/obituaries/20080709_Andrea_Smith___Punk_Rock_Mommy_.html
http://punkrockmommy.org/blog/

No comments: