I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 15, 2008

round and round and round we go

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. Henry David Thoreau.

I have knots in my stomach thinking about the amount of things that need to be checked of my to do list by the end of this week. But (deep breath) it's all going to be ok.

I had a stressful time in the beginning of the year learning to work with some members in my regional team. Although I don't doubt that I work with pessimists, I also am sure that I tend to throw ideas out there like pennies towards a wishing fountain, with this naive idea that people will be as excited about them as I am and want to join in. This was not the case and after repeated events of my ideas not only being turned down but picked apart piece by piece I become quite frustrated and passive.

Lesson learned. You have to fight for your ideas if you believe in them and you have to be willing to be flexible and learn from others who may know more than you. But if you really believe that something is important, you've got to find a way to make it work. I mean if its reasonable and all. I'd rather fail with a good idea then sit wondering what if and feeling as if I contributed nothing. I am reminded of that Thoreau quote above. There's a way to make it work and I can't just assume that everyone knows more than me about things, while still being humbled by the fact that I don't know everything.

I've got a very active beginner's mind that's undaunted to the looming obstacles ahead and willing to try anything at least once. It's apart of me, but not all of me. Either way let's see if I can make it work.

No comments: