I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 19, 2008

home

This has been such a year, when I think about it all I breath a deep sigh looking forward to 2009. I have so much to learn, so much to learn...

Here are some thoughts though from other NSPers about their experience with our organization. I know I'm probably being gusy but one day I'll look back and I want to not only remember how happy I felt I want it to inspire me again.

from Jordan
A lot was said in the election about Community Organizing. It seemed to be the single most life-changing, perspective-giving part of President-elect Obama's life. It has really been hitting me that, while it may not feel that profound every second of every day to me, that we are all doing the exact same thing. The reason it is my biggest priority to connect with all of you more is that we are all embarking on what is probably going to be the most profound, life-changing experience of our entire lives. We are all going to go on to do different and amazing things, but I am sure that this time of service for all of us will be seen as one of the biggest moments of our lives. I am honored to be sharing it with all of you.
***CONTINUED FROM ABOVE***-Since I began in the NW Philly office almost 5 years ago, I loved the work of NSP. However, what completely captivated me and made me a life-long NSPer was when I went to my first national training (SD 2005 training) and, what was back then the August conference, and got to meet and experience the people. The people of NSP are some of the most amazing on Earth. You all are naturally bright, funny, intelligent, witty, passionate, enthusiastic, energetic, compassionate, sensitive, kind, caring, cool, hardworking, and utterly smart. You all have chosen to value people, live with integrity, fight for justice, treat others with dignity and respect, spread awareness, and serve others. To be honest, I did not know that people like you existed before I found NSP and I still have yet to meet your equals in any other setting. The fact that I am able to be around people like you is such a great thing for me and the fact that people like you have accepted me as one of your own is the greatest honor of my life. Although I have not been in constant communication with all of you, please know that I love and respect each and every one of you to the highest degree and am truly honored to work and serve with you. You all are such an inspiration to me and I thank you for everything that you are.

If you have made it this far, I am eternally impressed and grateful have your back forever. Just call on me and I'll be there.

from Laura

I am continually inspired and amazed by everyone in NSP. I can't imagine any other organization where I would feel so supported, valued, challenged, and fulfilled on a daily basis, and where I would have such respect and admiration for everyone I have the honor of working with. In starting to think about next year, this has become all the more clear. I've decided though that I'm not going to get stressed about the future, because that would take away from being fully present in every day that I'm here at NSP. You have all given me a lot to be grateful for, and I hope you all have most wonderful, happy, healthy, and safe holidays!

from Colin
I can’t tell you how thankful I am for being able to work at NSP. Everyday I hear horror stories of people who dislike their job, their co-workers, (not to mention those that are unable to find work) and I’m reminded of just how lucky I am. I can honestly say that I love and enjoy every person at NSP (how they keep bringing great people into the organization is beyond me) and love my job and the difference I’m able to make in individuals lives, from clients to volunteers, and to the larger community. Very few people can say that.

Don't stop believing...

No comments: