I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

rub rub rub

The day is finally winding down.
I have work at Lush tonight so I'm trying to finish up some things and write out to-do lists for tomorrow. So I posted that previous 'be present' article because while I think I'm actively doing that in some areas of my life, I could use some serious improvements in other areas. I love my clients but sometimes I get so busy with the administrative work that I have to do, that I think I make them feel like a nuisance rather than the focus of my job when they stop into talk to me. It's a difficult balance to overtake and it's made even more complicated by the fact that some clients situations are so intense to them that they feel it should be as intense to me as well. I definetely care and work hard to get results but I can't balance all of those emotions and be effective and healthy at the same time.
It's hard to switch back and forth in mindset. When I'm spending an entire day focused just on client service it's better and I'm more effective and attentive but when I start out the day with meetings and to-do lists for our office my head seems like its racing and it just gets hard to focus.
I need to be able to forgive myself and try harder the next time as well as understand what is balanced for me. That't the value of focus this week, forgiving myself and others. Either you know how to forgive or you don't and it's as important to forgive yourself as it is to forgive others.

Quote: A (client) is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so

Quote 2: Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away. Carrie from 'Sex and the City.'

BTW: I read these articles in the NY times today http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/01/education/01school.html?ex=1378008000&en=80c00ea3f19b61fc&ei=5124&partner=facebook&exprod=facebook

and

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/washington/02poverty.html?ex=1378094400&en=b94e245f14e103c0&ei=5124&partner=facebook&exprod=facebook

In reference to the first article I'd ask everyone to look into your own communities. Considering the economy there are probaly familes ,and schools as well ,who are in desperate need of support as they prepare for the school year. Every child should go into the school year confident in their ability and support. If you can, and have the resources, find ways to donate school supplies to needy schools and families so that every child can start the school year off to a new start. While shelving out a few dollars to buy a notebook or crayons may not mean much to you, it can mean so much to a child and provide support to needy families. Dream big, start small.

No comments: