I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

an e-mail

My aunt Jean sent me this. Enjoy!

This is really good advice.....I hope I can remember it the next time I need to.> > > > >> >The Law of the Garbage Truck> >~ author unknown ~> >> >How often do you let other people's nonsense change your mood? Do you let a > >bad driver, rude waiter, curt boss, or an insensitive employee ruin your > >day? Unless you're the Terminator, for an instant you're probably set back > >on your heels. However, the mark of a successful person is how quickly they > >can re-focus on what's important.> >> >Sixteen years ago I learned this lesson. I learned it in the back of a New > >York City taxi. Here's what happened. I hopped in a taxi, and we took off > >for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when all of a > >sudden a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My > &g t;taxi driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and missed the other car's back > >end by just inches!> >> >Here's what happened next. The driver of the OTHER car, the guy who almost > >caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling > >obcenities at US. Now, here's what blew me away. My taxi driver just smiled > >and waved at the guy. And I mean he was friendly. So, I said, "Why did you > >just do that??? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the > >hospital!" And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now call, "The > >Law of the Garbage Truck."> >> >Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full > >of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage > >piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump > >it on you. When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personally. > >Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did. I > >guarantee it. So this was it: The "Law of the Garbage Truck."> >> >I started thinking: How often do I let Garbage Trucks run right over me? > >And how often do I take their garbage and spread it to other people: at > >work, at home, on the streets? It was that day I said, "I'm not going to do > >it anymore." I began to see garbage trucks. Like in the movie "The Sixth > >Sense," the little boy said, "I see Dead People." Well, now I see Garbage > >Trucks. I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. > >And, like my Taxi Driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, > >wave, wish them well, and I move on.> >> >One of my favorite football players of all time, Walter Payton, did this > >every day o n the football field. He would jump up as quickly as he hit the > >ground after being tackled. He never dwelled on a hit. Payton was ready to > >make the next play his best. Good leaders know they have to be ready for > >their next meeting. Good parents know that they have to welcome their > >children home from school with hugs and kisses. Leaders and parents know > >that they have to be fully present, and at their best for the people they > >care about.> >> >The bottom line is that successful people do not let Garbage Trucks take > >over their day. What about you? What would happen in your life, starting > >today, if you let more garbage trucks pass you by?> >> >Here's my bet. You'll be happier. In fact, guarantee it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashely this Tracy hit me up on Facebook