I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 25, 2008

emerging from the abyss

Hello friends!





I've been so out of the loop. I have a sorta restless energy and have been trying to get things done in the office, so I have been out of the loop. Yet so many exciting things have happened in our office. Like:





1. Temple News (the local student run paper) ran an article on us and you can read it here http://temple-news.com/2008/09/23/student-volunteers-help-community/.





2. We have a couple new volunteers in. Although it isn't at the numbers I had hoped for by now I'm very excited about the ones we have. I just learned today that one of our students is an international student from Vietnam. We are also able to take work study students which is great because it allows us to diversify our base and introduce students to volunteering who may not have the opportunity to do so otherwise.





3. PRIYA IS COMING SATURDAY TO VISIT!!!! YEAH!! (not related to the office but still very exciting)





4. We hired another Florida Gator as the Site Coordinator for West Philly office. I am so excited about this. Words. cannot. express.





5. Our CEO is coming next week and I can't wait to see her.





I've been reading a lot which is really stimulating. I just finished up , Now Discover Your Strengths and found out all of my strengths which are connectedness, strategic, includer, arranger and positivity. You can find out more about what that means here...http://www.careertrainer.com/Request.jsp?lView=ViewArticle&Article=OID%3A113426.





I'm also reading Blink: The Power of thinking without thinking which is proving to be a really fascinating read. It talks about our unconcious mind and how it affects our daily decisions and interactions. It's basically decision theory, and very fun to read.









I wish deeper things were going on but alas, not really. Or maybe there are deep things that I just consider not deep anymore. Okay, I'm outtie. Just wanted to check in and update you on the wonderfulness of life here in Philly.

Quote: With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity. Keshavan Nair

No comments: