I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 8, 2008

make a break for it

So I'm taking a lot more mental breaks during the day as a form of self-care. And here I am. I'm never online on the weekends anymore because my power cord stopped working for my laptop and they are muy expensive. I'd rather save up to get new furniture for my apartment. Unfortunately I have had the worst headache for the past three days. I rarely ever get headaches and this one started at around six a clock on Saturday and has persiste. We have this huge bright window and gross flourescent lights which don't make it anybetter.

I had a great, tiring, fun, exausting, revealing weekend.
On Friday night I had dinner with Matt and Ling-Shin a couple from my church. They are only a couple of years older than me and they are awesome to spend time with. They live in this great apartment which gave me tons of decorating ideas. We chowed down on some apple sausage that they get from Lancaster and it was de-licious. We were having a great conversation that only got better when we all realized our minor obsession/fascination with Myers-Briggs types and personality assessments. The rest of the night consisted in them showing my their reports on some new version that provides even more indepth assessments. They are both INTP's and were so surpised I was an E let alone an ENFJ. I was surprised they were I's. It was good times.

Saturday was the "hurricane" aka. just lots of rain. I had to go to work but went home early because no one came into the store. I went home and that's when the headache started, like a roaring lion on the horizon. I tried to sleep it off but to no avail. Then I felt an itching to go out so I headed down to watch the Gator game. Awesome game, awesome times. I wasn't very social because I'm just kinda peopled out by Saturday's and I left early because it was pretty late. Grandma.

Sunday was the most relaxing day I've had in a while. I woke up to late to go to church so I just snoozed around. I cleaned my apartment and found my wood floors again. I then rearranged my furniture aka moved my couch from under the window to the adjacent wall. And I finally let the air out my air mattress and set up my sofa couch. This moment set off a string of emotions which I can only refer to as committment fear. It's like when someone in a relationship realizes that things are getting serious and they freak out because they might need to make a committment and the novelty is wearing off and now something has to happen. It's like I'm getting serious with Philly, it's starting to feel like home. I have routines. I'm still living out of my suitcase but my apartment is getting some order. Domesticity is setting in and the stability of it all really unsettled me. I had this urge to start running. Just to go for a run and run somewhere. Really hard and fast. And really far. I had to go to Lush because we had a training and meeting. It was the most fun I've had in a while full of icebreakers and laughing and cupcakes. I work at such a fun place. I had to do a presentation on our new shower cream. I did the weird thing where I start off talking to fast and my throat gets clogged and I have to stop and breath. It. was. awkward. But it was a fun night. I'm just neurotic.

I then went home and baked a cheese and spinach quiche and relaxed in my newly cleaned awesome apartment. I got paid on Saturday which was exciting because for the first time since I've moved to Philly my refrigerator is fully stocked and I have meals and food options and I don't have to ration. It's a wonderful feeling.

I'm at work and I can't believe the day flew by so fast. I got in an hour late though because of a dreaded trip to the post office. Post office tape is the worst tape in the world and it was simply the most frustrating experience ever. We're very busy this week which is good and we're starting to get more volunteer requests. Next week is our planning session finally. It'll be a three day strategic planning extravangaza. One day for the West, one day for us and one day on teambuilding, strategy and our board. They kept pushing it off because we're getting a new Program Manager for our region, aka a new boss. But they haven't found the right fit. In their own words they only hire superstars and don't settle which is exciting because then whoever we do get is going to be rock awesome. I can't wait.
My head hurts, the two do list hasn't budged. I'm outty like a belly button folks.

Song: Pocket full of sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2uzB_jnfQ

Quote: I must accept life unconditionally. Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any condition. Margaret Lee Runbeck

Quote 2: I slept and dreamt that life was Joy./ I woke and saw that life was Duty./ I acted, and behold, Duty was Joy. Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: