I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, August 21, 2008

zoom zoom zoom

My body is finally adjusting to my new schedule and I feel a lot more perked up.
I finished my last training at Lush last night but I still have to some studying on things.

Work has been like a roller coaster.
I've learned that's it is important for me to write down my feelings and goals so that I can better understand what they are and more effectively communicate them to the people I work with. I don't know if there are ever any work environments that you exist in where every person thinks and feels the same things that you do. I imagine if there were, even though they would be comfortable places, they would be profoundly boring. I've come to understand that the diversity in every person's values and viewpoints can enrich the environment. At least in theory. In the everyday swing of it, it's difficult for me to continuously find that balance of listening to my own needs while heeding the needs of others, but I value harmony and community in the organization, not just getting my way.

My apartment is a complete mess but I just haven't had the energy to clean it. I also forgot to pay my electricity and gas bills. My electricity bill is due tomorrow, so I'll have to stop by there in the morning before work. I also signed up for automatic bill pay on the website, cause quite honestly, I'm sure I'll forget every month. I still have time to send in my gas bill, so no worries on late payments or such yet. I was really afraid of those bills but my electricity was only 30 bucks and my gas was only around 20. I'm not sure how I pulled that off, but I'm thankful and hope it stays around that level. I'm starting up saving now for the winter. I live in a pretty small studio though and my sink is right over the dryer in the basement. Warm muggy air usually surfaces from there. I guess I'll see.

I'm starting to feel a little under the weather. Probably all of the work. I've had a really weird earache. One of the girls I've been training with had the west nile virus, awesome. Theirs been some sort of outbreak which I think is really unusual. For the most part, I think I'm fine. Fortunately I've been eating a lot better, in spite of my ravenous sweet tooth.

Alrighty then, I'm outy.

Song: New Soul by Yael Naim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXQ0HCTeBOE

Quote: A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral. Antoine De Saint-Exupery

No comments: