I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 15, 2008

...the master calls a butterfly

On my walk to work today, I was followed by a butterfly. It had these large glorious wings and I'm not sure if it was the deliourseness of my exhaustion from the week or reality, but they flapped so powerfully in the morning air, I could feel it on my face. It was unusual to be followed for two minutes by a butterfly on a busy city street. I couldn't see any butterfly plants nearby, so I couldn't explain it but the most wonderful things in life are wonderful because they exhaust our human need to explain them. It was simply a beautiful and wonderful surprise.

I would like to give a shout out to Jacqui. I recieved your card last night and it made me so amazingly happy. It was such a blessing in ways I can not adequatly verbalize. I'm glad that my blog has inspired you, thank you for sharing that with me. And I will definetely enjoy some wonderful treats with your gift. If you ever make it to Philly, please stop by. I would love to introduce you to the city that has become the love of my life.

Last night we left the office early to take our SD's to dinner. Then I was off to LUSH for a night of training. We are now onto skin and hair products and I'm going to have to spend extra time studying because their are so many products for so many different types. I went home with a ton of hair products which I was definetely in need of because my hair has been really dry and since cut it (yes mom, I cut my own hair) it has been really fluffy.

I went home with our Godiva shampoo bar. Our shampoo bars are a unique take on liquid shampoo. LUSH prides itself on its fresh, organic ingredients and ethical pruduction of products. Over 66% of LUSH products are free of preservatives. Our solid shampoo bars are completely free of perservatives. In addition one shampoo bar is equivalent to 3 250 mL shampoo bottles. So with one bar, you feel your hair with natural and organic products which work with your hair to revive it's natural state and you protect the environment from more waste. Fantastic! I also got to take home a hair treatment and a solid conditioner. Plus they had extra face masks in the frig we got to take home. All LUSH facemasks are the epitome of fresh products. They are made fresh every week and sent to our stores directly. At the end of the week masks from the week before are taken off the shelf, ensuring the freshest possible products for the customer. Then they go to us, yeah!

Today our summer directors are leaving and I am surely sad. Our clients seem to be taking the news hard as well. I'll miss them dearly but look forward to our new volunteers in the fall.

I'm looking forward to enjoying my afternoon. I don't know what I'll do first. It'll be nice to just have my own time for myself.

Here is something cool I found out. Some major universities such as Yale and MIT offer free courses online. Check out some Berkeley classes here http://webcast.berkeley.edu/courses.php. The have some classes on information policy which I'm really excited about.

I will see you! A.k.a blog you later.

Quote:So, as you embark on this grand journey to find your path, remember that in both the good times and bad times a butterfly can flap its wings at any moment and present you with an opportunity that could change the course of your life. And while you won’t know the outcome of taking any of those infinite paths, know that if you find something you love, work as hard as you possibly can, make the best decision at that moment, over time you will pave the path that is perfect for you.Stephanie Abrams, UF Commencement Ceremony

2 comments:

emilyvux said...

So funny story, my mom knows how much I love LUSH and one birthday she got me a bunch of stuff from there, including a Godiva shampoo bar. I can't bring myself to use it because it just smells so good! I leave it by my bed and let it smell up my room. Let me know if they ever make any other Godiva products. Or send along a suggestion to to higher authorities in the Lush command ;)

Sorry that you're sick, drink lots of fluids and don't work yourself too hard! Hope it's not West Nile!

emilyvux said...

So funny story, my mom knows how much I love LUSH and one birthday she got me a bunch of stuff from there, including a Godiva shampoo bar. I can't bring myself to use it because it just smells so good! I leave it by my bed and let it smell up my room. Let me know if they ever make any other Godiva products. Or send along a suggestion to to higher authorities in the Lush command ;)

Sorry that you're sick, drink lots of fluids and don't work yourself too hard! Hope it's not West Nile!