I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

dress you up in my love

So after this morning, I should enter in next years Olympics for "barely catching the subway but running through just as the door closes." Just as I had gotten through the Broad Street Line though, I realized I couldn't move. I kept pulling forward but to no avail. Looking behind me I realized that my bag had gotten caught between the doors as it closed. Fortunately, the guy standing there helped me pull it through.

I had a good weekend and now that I'm finished with training at LUSH I'm just doing 13 hour weeks there, nice. I'm getting more comfortable with all the merchandise but ofcourse every day I get hit with something I wasn't expecting, or a customer asks me a question that reminds me of how much more I need to study. I try to make it to habit to come in everyday doing better and knowing more than I did the last shift.

Still in heavy recruitment planning and doing as well as outreach to clients. Got some fliers and hope to do some fliering of the campus today.

Working with the clients has been very rewarding this week. I had one guy who came in yesterday really in need of a job, and we were able to get him an interview right away.

I really do love Philly. I've signed up to do some volunteering around the city just to learn more about it, get to know some people and because I just love it. I'm going to be a volunteer at the Philadelphia Marathon in November working at the Information desk which I can't wait for. Yeah!

I've been spending a lot more time reflecting. I'm trying to understand what my values are and what is guiding me. I think I have an idea but it would be good to have a stronger clarification. For example this week I'm focusing on the value of service. What does it mean to me and what does it mean as I see it display throughout my life. Every night when I journal I write about how I let my value of service guide decisions I made or how I might need to improve on letting that value lead me. It's been very helpful. Service for me means going the extra mile. When I'm working with my clients I attempt to go the extra mile rather than just doing what they expect me to do or what is easiest to do. It's like pushing myself up a steep hill.

Toodles all,

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. Albert Schweitzer

No comments: