I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 22, 2008

turning the tide

I have begun to feel progressively worse.
I got a call from my manager today asking if I could come into work because someone had called out sick but I let them know I def. could not. Yesterday by the time I got home I had a weird fever and slept for like three hours. Today I'll probably leave early and try to get in some good rest.

This morning Shawn and I had a meeting with one of our community partners, Pennsylvania Careerlink. But the person that was supposed to meet with us was out of the office sick. It was hard finding someone else because apparently a lot of people had called out of the office. But we met with Lance and he walked us through. Careerlink is a one stop shop for job seekers and employers throughout Pennsylvania. We got a walkthrough of the system and how to assist people finding jobs. It was very refreshing, I'm a little furstrated with our current methods of finding people jobs and I'm happy to see that we have more resources in our hands and stronger connections in the community.

I'm a little frustrated that I couldn't get more done this week, but nevertheless I gotta leave work for next week.
I have work this weekend. Hopefully I don't have to work on Sunday. I'm also meeting a couple who are friends with someone I know that works at UF. I'm really excited!

Yadda yadda yadda. My head hurts, I can't wait to go home.

No comments: