I'm Groovin...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 27, 2008

What is the what?



Okay, so this is a shallow post that has nothing to do with service or the city or anything remotely profound. But it's an interesting snapshot of what's going on in my day to day life. I have been holding a small scale investigation and I think I have a rodent. That's fairly common, everyone I've talked to that lives here in Philly has had run ins with mice and the like.


My suspicions started when I found the back of my bread looked like it had teeth marks in it and a chunck of bread was missing in the back. I wasn't sure exactly what to think since there could've been other explanations like maybe it was close to the stove and melted a little.


But then yesterday when I came home I decided to move the bananas back into the refrigrator because I really couldn't stand the smell of bananas in here everyday. Thing was one of the bananas not only had the skin missing of one side it also had bite marks. And they weren't small.


Now I really began to wonder because things had been happening that I really hadn't pieced together like weird sounds in the night and things falling off my kitchen counter for no apparent reason.


So I decided to leave a goldfish cracker on the counter to see if there was anything going bump in the night. This morning, it was gone. Not one crumb left.


Now I'm quite at a lost. When I was a kid we had a problem with mice and we set mouse traps. I thought we were setting the traps to catch the mouse and keep them as pets or release them back to the wild. Imagine my horror when I went into the laundry room and found a little mouse with it's head crushed between the mouse trap. I don't think I've ever fully recovered. Needless to say I can't bear the thought of killing whatever it is although by the looks of those bite marks, it's pretty big.


I'll keep you posted.


No comments: